Introduction to Electronics
Electronics is the field of manipulating electrical currents and voltages using passive and active components that are connected together to create circuits. Electronic circuits range from a simple load resistor that converts a current to a voltage, to computer central-processing units (CPUs) that can contain more than a million transistors. The following indices and documents provide a basic reference for understanding electronic components, circuits, and applications.
- Basic electronic quantities
- Definitions of charge, current, voltage, and impedance.
- Index of electronic components
- Includes common circuit symbols.
- Index of detection electronics
- Common detection electronics including digital oscilloscope, gated integrator, lock-in amplifier, and pulse counting.
- Computer data acquisition (DAQ)
- An introduction to data-transfer methods and computer plug-in DAQ boards.
Science Hypermedia Home Page
Copyright © 1996 by Brian M. Tissue, all rights reserved.
/chem-ed/electron/detectn.htm, updated 5/29/96